Arsenal Women Football Club (AWFC) is one of the most successful female football clubs in the history of the women's game. It prides itself on maintaining high standards and delivering excellence.
When coaching in a community setting the aim of Arsenal Women is to inspire every young girl to love the game. Built on high standards and coaching excellence, Arsenal Women deliver on a variety of coaching programmes, engaging with girls from the age of 5 to adult football. AWFC is looking for an inspirational and motivated person to become part of the consultant coaching team and make a difference in the development of girl's football.
The primary purpose of this role is to deliver coaching sessions in Primary, Secondary & after school settings, as well as coach on the Arsenal Women Player Development Programme, Holiday Sessions and Sister Club activities.
The post holder will be responsible for planning, preparing and delivering coaching sessions across a variety of programmes, and support the overall development of AWFC.
The role reports to the Development Officer on a consultancy basis, and the level of work required depends on the demands on the programme. Work will take place in counties in a 90 minute travelling distance of AL2 1DR.
- Responsible for planning, delivering and reviewing coaching sessions built around the 4 corner model for player development for Arsenal Ladies community delivery, including Primary, Secondary and after school delivery, the Player Development Programme, Sister Clubs & Holiday courses
- Ensure high standards of coach delivery to support the LTPD of all players, including managing home learning tasks for players and relevant communication with parents
- To work closely with the Development Officer to ensure high standards of coaching delivery and player support within the Player Development Programme
- To liaise when appropriate with the RTC Technical Director around player referrals
- To attend and contribute towards consultant coach meetings & CPD as required
- To ensure that all relevant information is recorded on data monitoring systems
- To be familiar with the player development pathway and be able to appropriately signpost players to the best playing opportunity for them
- To assist in ongoing talent identification and attend annual trials and tournaments
- To help to instil the correct club ethos and culture within Arsenal Ladies
- Be familiar with Safeguarding requirements as outlined in the Safeguarding Policy and comply with its requirements to safeguard and protect the welfare of children and vulnerable adults.
- To work closely with the Development Officer and RTC Technical Director on all relevant issues
- The candidate should be flexible in regards to working hours
- To be aware of the core values upon which Arsenal Ladies FC operates
- To attend games, tours and international trips for the club as required
- To be aware of current trends and best practice in Youth Development and the Women's game
- To attend at least 5 hours recognised CPD each year to remain an active FA Licensed Coaches Club Member
Main Job Requirements and Person Specification
- FA Level 1 (Essential) working towards FA Level 2 (Desirable)
- FA Youth Award Module 1 or Level 2 Block 1 (Essential), and working towards Module 2 & 3 (FA Youth Award desirable)
- Current FA Licensed Coaches Club Member (Essential)
- Up to date FA Emergency Aid Qualification (Essential) and / or Basic First Aid for Sport Qualification (Desirable)
- Knowledge and understanding of child protection issues including holding a current FA Safeguarding Children Workshop certificate
- An accepted FA Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Disclosure (previously known as an FA CRB Disclosure)
- Any education or teaching experience would also be desirable
- Experience of and a passion for coaching young players
- Ability to enthuse, inspire and communicate with young players, creating a positive learning environment
- Experience of mentoring and developing other coaches
- Understanding of the FA Women's and Girls' player pathway
- Understanding of the FA Women's and Girls' 2017 - 2020 strategy
- Understanding of the benefits of Futsal as a development tool
- An understanding and implications of Long Term Player Development
- Experience and understanding of child development
- Experience and understanding of appropriate teaching & coaching methods
- Willingness to work weekends
- Ability to travel independently
- Ability to work on one's own initiative and as part of a team
- Knowledge of the overall Women's Talent Pathway in England.
- A dynamic, confident communicator (verbal, written) whilst able to adapt style and approach as and when required
- Attention to detail and excellent organization skills are required to support the development of short, medium and long term training plans
- Full understanding of successful practice and operations of Arsenal Ladies FC
Hours of Work
Consultancy basis, and the level of work required depends on the demands on the programme. Work will take place in counties in a 90 minute travelling distance of AL2 1DR and hours of work will vary on a weekly/ monthly basis.
Arsenal FC is committed to the principle of equal opportunity and its policies for recruitment, selection, training, development and promotion are designed to ensure that no job applicant receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, ethnic and national origin, disability or gender reassignment.
Please note, you have until 23:59 on 24 August 2017 to apply for this vacancy.
Closing Date: 24/08/2017