Youth Academy Travel and Logistics Assistant Coordinator
Arsenal Football Academy is the football development department for Arsenal Football Club, based at Hale End Sports Ground, offering a comprehensive football training programme for elite youth players.
Arsenal Football Academy has for many years been a world leader in its field and is a constantly growing department within the organisation.
The aim of the Arsenal Football Academy is to individually tailor each boy's development as a footballer by providing a World Class Youth Development programme. The programme promotes the development of elite training environments to consistently outperform international competition. By placing players at the heart of the programme, the aim is to develop and grow future Premier League players in an environment which is challenging, developmental and inspirational.
The coaching programme is the core activity of the Academy which is supported by a fully integrated programme of Athletic Development, Education and Games.
The role of Youth Academy Travel & Logistics Coordinator involves overseeing and delivering key logistical preparations of Academy players and teams. The post-holder will work within the Travel, Events & Supporter Liaison Department and alongside other members of the Travel team, organising and delivering all necessary domestic and overseas travel. They will also be responsible for the daily movements of the players to and from their training facilities, organising vehicles, and communicating schedules with the players and their parents/ guardians. The post-holder will be a key link between the Youth Academy, its coaches, and the Club's Travel team. They must be available to travel to away matches, site visits, and on international tours as required.
- Coordinating travel and accommodation for all domestic and international youth matches and tournaments, producing clear and precise working documents.
- Key point of contact for all travel queries within Youth Academy, alongside the existing Youth Academy Travel & Logistics Coordinator.
- Booking suitable transport arrangements for teams, players and staff, taking in to account costs and timings.
- Ensuring that the Youth Academy Overseas Tours Policy is always adhered to, and working with the Safeguarding department to ensure that relevant risk assessments have been completed for each trip.
- Travelling with teams on tours as designated by the Club's Travel Manager and handling any issues that may arise.
- Adhering to a strict code of confidentiality in respect of any information relating to Arsenal Football Club and its operations.
- Undertaking other tasks that from time to time may be allocated to the jobholder that are appropriate to the family/grade of the job.
- The successful applicant will be required to undergo a satisfactory enhanced DBS check.
MAIN JOB REQUIREMENTS AND PERSON SPECIFICATION
- Educated to a degree level or equivalent
- Must have proven, sound experience of working for a sports club/travel company within the travel sector, and of delivering a high-quality level of service.
- Tenacious and proactive attitude to be able to manage and execute complex travel plans at short notice within the UK and overseas.
- Experience should have been gained from within a fast moving, high pressure, commercially focused and brand-sensitive organisation.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- High standard of verbal and written communication with an eye for detail.
- Graduate calibre.
- Leisure & Tourism or travel industry qualification.
- Previous experience of working for/alongside a Premier League Football Club.
- Exceptional organisation and admin skills, including the proven ability to manage a fast-paced and varied workload.
- Able to communicate effectively with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders, adapting style and approach as and when required.
- Able to display the confidence, integrity and gravitas required to build sustainable relationships at varying levels.
- Ability to manage in pressurised situations and apply own initiative and 'common sense' on certain occasions - sometimes without recourse to supporting managers.
- Flexible approach to work; committed to developing a positive team ethos.
- Operates with the upmost integrity, confidentiality and discretion.
- An understanding of safeguarding and working with minors.
Arsenal FC is committed to the principle of equal opportunity and its policies for recruitment, selection, training, development and promotion are designed to ensure that no job applicant receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, ethnic and national origin, disability or gender reassignment.
Closing Date: 21/01/2018