Arsenal Women Football Club is one of the most successful female football clubs in the history of the women's game. It prides itself on maintaining high standards and delivering excellence.The Strength & Conditioning programme is fundamental in maximising the fitness, preparation and performance of the elite players within the club.
Arsenal Women FC's philosophy includes the production of excellent young players from within its FA Tier 1 Regional Talent Club. It has an unrivalled record of producing many young International players of all ages who understand the core values and levels of discipline required in order to progress through the club. Arsenal Women FC are looking for a highly motivated Strength & Conditioning Coach to support the physical development of players across a range of age groups and form part of a forward thinking multi-disciplinary support team.
Arsenal Women FC are looking for an experienced Strength and Conditioning Coach to work as part of the team to implement a physical performance programme with our RTC programme. The position holder will report into the Technical Director (RTC).
The person will apply scientific principles and techniques with the aim of improving sporting performance, incorporating areas such as physiology, psychology, strength, speed, power, endurance, motor control and biomechanics and including nutrition and diet, sports technology, anthropometry, functional competence assessments and performance analysis where possible.
- To lead on the development of weekly and season training plans.
- To lead on the delivery of weekly gym-based or field based sessions at one of our training sites.
- To assist on the monitoring of player workload, wellness and readiness.
- To assist on the collecting and inputting of information to the player profiles
- To assist with screening and testing of the players, where possible.
- To lead on the coaching of individualised S&C sessions and small group work
- To lead on the coaching of individualised functional corrective programmes.
- To maintain Arsenal Football Club's Child Protection, Health, Safety and Equal Opportunity procedures as practice.
- To adhere to a strict code of confidentiality in respect of any information relating to Arsenal Football Club, Arsenal Women Football Club and its operation.
- To report to the Technical Director and Age group coaches to discuss / plan player and training schedules.
- To be present at all required training sessions and some matches.
- To undertake any other duties as seen appropriate by the Technical Director, such as providing feedback on individual player development plans.
MAIN POSITION REQUIREMENTS AND PERSON SPECIFICATION
- BSc in Sports Science or a related field.
- Must hold or demonstrate evidence of working towards either The FA's Level 3 Physical Performance Award, CSCS or UKSCA accreditation. (Working towards or holding BASES Accreditation is desirable)
- FA Emergency Aid qualification or higher (BFAS is desirable)
- Broad knowledge of subject area and contemporary issues.
- Experience of working with elite performers (Experience working with female performers is desirable)
- Experience of co-ordinating and delivering physical development programmes.
- Experience of working with Youth athletes (U9-16).
- It is preferred that the candidate has some football coaching experience.
- An ability to produce verbal and written reports.
- A willingness to work flexibly.
- A proactive approach within agreed boundaries.
- A strong desire to work as part of a team and to put the team's needs ahead of your own.
- Highly motivated self-starter.
- Understanding of Health and Safety and its application to a sporting environment.
- Energy and enthusiasm, with the ability to enthuse and inspire inexperienced and experienced players.
- Evidence of sound administrative, organisational and prioritisation skills.
- Experience of working collaboratively within a multi-disciplinary team.
- The successful applicant will be required to complete a self-declaration and an enhanced CRB check
- The successful applicant will be required to attend The FA Safeguarding Children in Football Workshop and other appropriate CPD events.
Hours of Work
The role requires the post holder to attend RTC training sessions once per week and some matches.
Please note this is a consultancy agreement based at various sites in Hertfordshire
Arsenal FC is committed to the principle of equal opportunity and its policies for recruitment, selection, training, development and promotion are designed to ensure that no job applicant receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, ethnic and national origin, disability or gender reassignment.
Closing Date: 26/01/2018