Arsenal Women Football Club is one of the most successful female football clubs in the history of the women's game. It prides itself on maintaining high standards and delivering excellence.The Strength and Conditioning programme is fundamental in maximising the fitness, preparation and performance of the elite players within Arsenal Women FC.
Arsenal Women FC are looking for a top level professional Strength and Conditioner. The position holder will report into the First Team Manager. The person appointed in this role will lead the fitness and physical development of the players designated to the post holder by the First Team Manager.
The person will apply scientific principles and techniques with the aim of improving sporting performance, incorporating areas such as physiology, psychology, strength, speed, power, endurance, motor control and biomechanics and including nutrition and diet, sports technology, anthropometry, functional competence assessments and performance analysis where possible.
- To lead on sport science duties.
- To lead on the development of week and season plans.
- To lead on the monitoring of player workload, wellness and readiness.
- To lead on the collecting and inputting of information to the player profile.
- To assist the Lead Physiotherapist with screening and testing of the players, where possible.
- To explore opportunities of implementation of the GPS system.
- To lead on the coaching of individualised strength & conditioning sessions.
- To lead on the coaching of individualised functional corrective programmes.
- To maintain Arsenal Football Club's Child Protection, Health, Safety and Equal Opportunity procedures as practice.
- To adhere to a strict code of confidentiality in respect of any information relating to Arsenal Football Club, Arsenal Women Football Club and its operation.
- To report to the First Team Manager on a daily basis to discuss / plan player and training schedules.
- To be present at all training sessions and matches.
- To undertake any other duties as seen appropriate by the First Team Manager, such as exploring opportunities to establish strength and conditioning programmes within the Women's Academy.
- To ensure the fitness of the Women's First Team is at the best possible level in order to compete as a leading European team and to give attention to detail in all relevant areas.
- BSc in Sports Science or a related field.
- Must hold UK Strength and Conditioning accreditation (UKSCA).
- The Football Association Intermediate First Aid for Sport (IFAS) qualification.
- Must have sports emergency first-aid qualifications in accordance with their coaching qualifications.
- Broad knowledge of subject area and contemporary issues.
- Experience working with elite performers.
- Experience of coordinating and delivering sport services.
- It is preferred that the candidate has Football Coaching experience (ideally UEFA B License) and is able to lead on football themed pre-activation sessions for training and matches.
- An ability to produce verbal and written reports.
- A willingness to work flexibly.
- A proactive approach within agreed boundaries.
- A strong desire to work as part of a team and to put the team's needs ahead of your own.
- Highly motivated self-starter.
- Understanding of Health and Safety and its application to a sporting environment.
- Energy and enthusiasm, with the ability to enthuse and inspire inexperienced and experienced players.
- Evidence of sound administrative, organisational and prioritisation skills.
- Experience of working collaboratively within a multi disciplinary team.
The successful applicant will be required to complete a self declaration and an enhanced CRB check.
In addition, the successful applicant will be required to attend The FA Safeguarding Children in Football Workshop and other appropriate CPD events.
The role requires the post holder to attend****all****Arsenal Women FC First Team Training Sessions per week and all Arsenal Women First Team matches.
Arsenal FC is committed to the principle of equal opportunity and its policies for recruitment, selection, training, development and promotion are designed to ensure that no job applicant receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, ethnic and national origin, disability or gender reassignment.
Closing Date: 24/05/2018