The Stadium Management team are responsible for the preparation and running of the Emirates Stadium and wider facilities at other locations for all events and functions. Department remit includes property and facilities management, spectator safety at events, wider Health and Safety matters.
The purpose of the Premium Tier Senior Steward Supervisor is to assist the Event Safety and Security Manager in the implementation and delivery of a safe environment at a major event, as well as to implement an 'Act with Class' service approach of all Stewards.
- Provide an additional layer of Supervision to casual supervisor/steward workforce (220 in number) to enhance the communication stream between all stakeholders.
- To adopt a structured approach to safety and service provision to ensure the highest standards are achieved.
- Attend and contribute to safety briefings and deliver aspects/content to premium tier stewarding teams as and when required.
- Participate in support of steward on the ball training modules delivered evenings/weekends.
- Follow, oversee and uphold action and communication of emergency policies and procedures when required.
- Promote, maintain and record incident card documentation as and when required.
- Complete post-event reports within 48 hours and submit to the Deputy Event Safety Manager.
- Escalate any concerns or match day queries immediately via event control/Deputy Event Safety Manager as appropriate.
- Deliver effective communication to all stakeholders including: Caterers, Cleaners, Hostess's and premium tier service operations team.
- Manage and develop welfare officers to follow legislation requirements to safeguard the Club's safety certificate.
- Attend adhoc Club meetings as and when required by Event Safety and Security Manager / Deputy Event Safety Manager.
- Educated to NVQ level 3 in spectator/event safety management.
- Ideally hold or work towards NVQ level 4 in spectator/event safety management.
- Proven track record in; event, arena, stadium, public, entertainment safety management.
- Proven experience in people management.
- Experience of stewarding/steward management at major events.
- Excellent written and oral communications across all diversities.
- Experience working with multi agencies and stakeholders, including the emergency services.
- Personal Licence Holder training/certification.
- Competent at public speaking.
- Flexible attitude to working hours / dates.
- Ability to plan and organise work and prioritise to meet objectives.
- Sound time management and planning skills, such as administration and record keeping.
- Must be able to work well under pressure and solve problems accordingly.
- Maintain and uphold the Club's values being a role model and mentor to others.
Arsenal FC is committed to the principle of equal opportunity and its policies for recruitment, selection, training, development and promotion are designed to ensure that no job applicant receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, ethnic and national origin, disability or gender reassignment.
Closing Date: 04/07/2018