Arsenal Women Football Club
Arsenal Women FC is one of the most successful female football clubs in the history of the women's game. It prides itself on maintaining high standards and delivering excellence.
Arsenal Women FC's philosophy includes the production of excellent young players from within its youth programme who have the potential to progress through into 1st team football. It has an unrivalled record of producing many young International players of all ages who understand the core values and levels of discipline required in order to progress through the club.
Arsenal Women FC are looking for a highly motivated Academy Assistant Coach to develop our talented youth player's aged 16-21.
- Assist for the planning, delivery and reviewing an age specific coaching programme in line with the Academy & 1st team Methodology.
- Ensure high standards of coach delivery to support, motivate and challenge the development of all player
- To work closely with the Academy Head Coach and multi discplinary support team to ensure the delivery of individual development programmes (IDPs) for all players.
- Assist in the ongoing assessment of all academy players with 1st team potential whilst addressing players' strengths/weaknesses/development needs in collaboration with the Academy Manager.
- Work with the Academy Head Coach and Multi Disciplinary Support team to deliver a comprehensive pre-season programme to maximise preparation for the forthcoming season for all academy team players
- Attend all Academy fixtures, both home and away.
- To work closely with the Academy Head Coach and multi disciplinary support team (e.g. Medical, Physical Performance, Education, Sports Psychology) to plan and deliver all elements of the Academy training programme
- To evaluate and provide feedback on all coaching sessions and matches
- To ensure that all relevant information is recorded fully on the appropriate online systems including PMA and FA Full-time
- To compile performance reviews, in line with the requirements of the club, and deliver feedback to players and parents both formally in meetings, and informally as required.
- Assist in the delivery of video analysis support sessions for individual players and the team to identify player/opposition strengths and weaknesses.
- To educate all players in regards to what is required to progress into the Arsenal Women First Team
- To be familiar with the standards of players across the talent pathway in the Women's game
- To assist in ongoing talent identification and scouting of players within the academy
- To help to instil the correct club ethos and culture within the Academy
- Be familiar with Safeguarding requirements as outlined in the Safeguarding Policy and comply with its requirements to safeguard and protect the welfare of children and vulnerable adults.
- The candidate should be flexible in regards to working hours
- To be aware of the core values upon which Arsenal Women FC operates
- To attend staff meetings and CPD as required
- To attend games, tours and international trips for the club as required
- To be aware of current trends and best practice in Youth Development and the Women's game
- To actively seek out ways to improve the coaching programme and assist with the implementation and operation of these ideas
- To undertake ad hoc additional coaching duties as and when required
MAIN JOB REQUIREMENTS AND PERSON SPECIFICATION
- UEFA B licence Coaching Award (Minimum) UEFA A licence Coaching Award (Desirable)
- FA Youth Award (Required) Advanced Youth Award (Desirable)
- FA Licensed
- Sport related/Education degree or equivalent experience (Desirable)
- It is essential that the candidate has a full UK Driving License
- Up to date FA Safeguarding Qualification
- Up to date FA Emergency Aid Qualification - FA Basic First Aid for Sport Qualification (BFAS) or FA Level 2 Emergency First Aid in Football (EFAiF)
- Experience in developing players at either a national or elite Club level.
- Understanding of the FA Women's and Girl's talent pathway
- Experience working with female elite players (Desirable)
- Working within a 16-19 Football/Education Programme or FE/HE Education environment (Desirable)
- Knowledge of the standard of players required at Arsenal Women FC and an understanding and knowledge of the overall Women's Talent Pathway in England (Desirable)
- An understanding and implications of Long Term Player Development and how to develop young players
- Able to work as part of a coaching team and the ability to motivate others
- Able to build a strong rapport with the players in the age range
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Motivated and driven individual
- Commitment and passion for the game
- A dynamic, confident communicator (verbal, written) whilst able to adapt style and approach as and when required
Hours Of Work
This post holder will be employed on a consultancy basis of 8-10 hrs per week during the football season (August - May) This includes evening training sessions and match days which will be predominantly Sunday afternoon's as they compete in the FA WSL Academy League.
Arsenal FC is committed to the principle of equal opportunity and its policies for recruitment, selection, training, development and promotion are designed to ensure that no job applicant receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, ethnic and national origin, disability or gender reassignment.
Closing Date: 18/06/2018