The Partnerships team sits alongside the retail, marketing, content, hospitality, ticketing and business development teams within the Commercial department.
The Partnerships team has dual objectives of both revenue generation (through the fees obtained through our official Partnerships), and brand development (through our Partners utilising their marketing rights to expose and develop the Arsenal brand in the UK and beyond).
Within the Partnerships team there are two main areas of focus - attracting and signing our Commercial Partners, and Partner Services, who are responsible for managing the relationships with existing Partners to ensure both parties optimise the return from each agreement.
The Partner Services team aims to add value to our Partners with a 'best-in-class' approach, whilst also working closely with other departments within Arsenal to ensure Partner rights are leveraged effectively.
- Ensure Partner contractual obligations are fulfilled flawlessly at all times: Commercial admin support available to assist with efficient management of tickets, signed merchandise etc; Implement consistent approval process for each designated Partner
- Provide a dedicated and consistently high level of service to allocated Partners - endeavouring to provide 'Best-in-Class' service: Consistently identifying areas where service levels can be improved
- Assume responsibility to develop and drive forward strategic plan with main Partner contact(s) with support of Senior members of team: In collaboration with each Partner, develop a season long marketing / activation plan
- Build detailed knowledge of Partner business to help drive mutually beneficial activation programmes (eg local market senior management): In addition, build knowledge of designated Partner's business category (competitor activity, brand immersion, trends etc)
- Ensure a consistent budgetary process is followed at all times with up to date reports held on file
- Provide Partner Services Manager with detailed updates on status of Partner activity on regular basis (weekly status meetings diarised to discuss specific areas)
- Work with Partner to maximise the value of their rights, e.g. identifying and delivering opportunities for Partners to activate their Club association
- Relationship ownership: ensure Partner Services team remain the main point of contact for designated Partners while ensuring other internal departments expertise is used at appropriate times (Marketing, Comms, Arsenal Media Group, etc)
- Actively share information and best practices with other members of Partner Services team
- Undertake other tasks from time to time that may be allocated to the jobholder appropriate to the job grade
- Measurement / reporting: Continuously track and deliver post-campaign evaluations on Partners activation
- Utilising data and insights to continually improve Partnership offering
- Educated to degree level or equivalent preferable
- Languages an advantage
- Relevant experience of providing first-class account / project management for, or on behalf of brands
- Understanding of brand marketing and experience of managing / implementing campaigns across traditional and new media channels - specifically digital and social media
- Experience in managing, planning and implementation of Partnership related activation programmes
- Experience of rights management & fulfilment (including brand approvals / brand guardianship)
- A passion or empathy with sport/sports entertainment
- Attention to detail and excellent organisation, planning and project management skills to ensure flawless delivery of rights
- A confident communicator (verbal, written) who is able to build mutually beneficial relationships with a broad range of internal & external stakeholders
- Consistently demonstrating a highly professional and positive attitude to team members and other stakeholders at all times
- Flexible approach to work with a passion for high volume and fast paced operational environment and a commitment to teamwork
- An ability to work cross-functionally and effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously
- An understanding of brand dynamics and consumer trends
- Analytical and organisational skills
- Willingness to adapt and learn new skills / approaches
- Experience in managing, interpreting and delivering against Partner / brand related contracts
- Proficiency in PowerPoint, Excel, and Microsoft Word
Arsenal FC is committed to the principle of equal opportunity and its policies for recruitment, selection, training, development and promotion are designed to ensure that no job applicant receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, ethnic and national origin, disability or gender reassignment.
Closing Date: 21/04/2019