The Travel, Events and Supporter Liaison department is responsible for:
The operational delivery of all official travel across the Club, encompassing all the teams, staff and where applicable, supporters, facilitating all business-related travel as well as match day travel and accommodation requirements and main contact for all supporter groups.
Club arranged events, such as membership screenings, away days and the Club's annual Charity Ball
The Travel Team's primary focus is to support the preparation of all Arsenal FC teams when travelling for fixtures, whether playing at home or away and facilitating arrangements for those who travel to support team for away fixtures or on Club business in an official capacity.
The role of Youth Academy Travel & Logistics Assistant Coordinator is to oversee and deliver the key logistical preparations for the Academy's players and teams. You will work within the Travel, Events & Supporter Liaison Department and alongside the Youth Academy Travel & Logistics Coordinator, organising and delivering all necessary domestic and overseas travel. You will also be responsible for the daily movements of the players to and from their training facilities, organising vehicles, and communicating schedules with the players and their parents/ guardians. You will be a key link between the Youth Academy, its coaches, and the Club's Travel team. You must be available to travel to away matches, site visits, and on international tours as required.
This role will be based primarily at the Arsenal Football Academy, the football development department for Arsenal Football Club, based at Hale End Sports Ground, offering a comprehensive football training programme for elite youth players.KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assisting the Youth Academy Travel & Logistics Coordinator to successfully coordinate travel, accommodation and all relevant operational requirements for all domestic and international matches and tournaments (i.e. travelling party, team hotel requirements and dressing room specifications), producing clear and precise working documents and communicating to all relevant parties.
- Ensuring that suitable transport arrangements have been organised and with relevant itineraries circulated to those travelling in good time
- Working closely with the Club's Travel Manager to ensure that the most effective mode of transport is selected , taking into account both cost and time.
- Ensuring that the chosen accommodation has been assessed against the relevant club standards , booked and is suitable for the relevant age group (in conjunction with the Youth Academy Travel & Logistics Coordinator and Club's Travel Manager).
- Building and maintaining effective working relationships with the Travel, Events & Supporter Liaison team as well as Youth Academy staff, ensuring that relevant parties are kept up to date at all times.
- Working with the Safeguarding Manager - Youth Academy & the Health & Safety Manager to ensure that relevant risk assessments have been undertaken for each trip/ tournament, and that guidelines are adhered to.
- Ensuring that the Youth Academy Overseas Tours Policy is complied with for all tournament invitations.
- Ensuring that all players and relevant staff have the correct documentation for travel by arranging visas, ensuring the validity of passports and other related tasks as required.
- Travelling with teams as required by the Youth Academy Travel & Logistics Coordinator, Travel Manager and Head of Travel, Events & Supporter Liaison to ensure that the trip runs efficiently, resolving any issues that may arise whilst away.
- Being the key point of contact for all team travel queries within Youth Academy, alongside Youth Academy Travel & Logistics Coordinator.
- Ensuring that detailed itineraries are produced for all matches, both home and away, and that all key stakeholders are aware of the details.
- Booking travel and accommodation for visiting trialists arranging transfers, distributing itineraries, and organising visits to the Training Ground.
- Assisting and advising visiting Teams on transport and hotel options.
- Ensuring that all travel arrangements are in place for players to enable them to get to and from training, school, home, accommodation, etc. where agreed
- Adhering to a strict code of confidentiality in respect of any information relating to Arsenal Football Club and its operations.
- Undertaking other tasks that from time to time may be allocated to the jobholder that are appropriate to the grade of the job.
- The successful applicant will be required to undergo a satisfactory enhanced DBS check.
MAIN JOB REQUIREMENTS AND PERSON SPECIFICATION
- Educated to a degree level or equivalent
- Must have proven, sound experience of working for a sports club/travel company within the travel sector and of delivering a high-quality level of service.
- Tenacious and proactive attitude to be able to manage and execute complex travel plans at short notice within the UK and overseas.
- Experience should have been gained from within a fast moving, high pressure, commercially focused and brand-sensitive organisation.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- High standard of verbal and written communication with an eye for detail.
- Leisure & Tourism or travel industry qualification.
- Previous experience of working for/alongside a Premier League Football Club.
- Exceptional organisation and admin skills, including the proven ability to manage a fast-paced and varied workload
- Able to communicate effectively with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders, adapting style and approach as and when required.
- Able to display the confidence, integrity and gravitas required to build sustainable relationships at varying levels.
- Ability to manage in pressurised situations and apply own initiative and 'common sense' on certain occasions - sometimes without recourse to supporting managers.
- Willing to be accountable for routine transactional tasks in addition to involvement on liaison activities.
- Flexible approach to work; committed to developing a positive team ethos.
- Operates with the upmost integrity, confidentiality and discretion.
- An understanding of safeguarding and working with minors.
Arsenal FC is committed to the principle of equal opportunity and its policies for recruitment, selection, training, development and promotion are designed to ensure that no job applicant receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, ethnic and national origin, disability or gender reassignment.
Closing Date: 23/08/2019